Walk while you Work?!

 

As I walk and type this, you may think this would be expensive or difficult to make it happen....
IT'S NOT!  

Although stand up desks and treadmills underneath are much more commonplace now, I have been doing this since 2012!

Why?  Well, foodservice, healthcare and many other professionals can relate.  You don't really stop moving when you are at work.  YET, when I started a new role with a TON of desk work....my back started bothering me, even though I was maintaining my normal exercise routine.

My PT (#bestever), said you just need to move more....


The desk(s) you see in an L shape are work tables from Home Depot.
My husband found the used treadmill online and removed the handlebar and hung the treadmill control underneath the desk!
When I am not walking, I put an adjustable height chair on top of the treadmill to do seated work (of course, when it is NOT moving!) LOL

Cleveland Clinic recently posted an article 7 Reasons To Start Walking in Place which prompted me to share this standing+ walking desk "hack" with you.
Even if you are unable to walk around while on a conference call, or on a treadmill under your desk.....I am sure you have heard it elsewhere, JUST MOVE...

Remember- movement is medicine!

p.s. this applies to the 30 minutes you might chill out and check out all your social media, or while keeping up with personal email and computer work too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protein bites- first attempt....

Another plant for inflammation...

Watermelon JUICE!