National Pizza day...I LOVE Pizza (and...YES), I'm a Dietitian-Nutritionist-

 Yes, Pizza is my favorite food....

I could probably write a book on my love of pizza, instead...I'll try to write a blog from time to time as my ode to pizza...

February 9th, 2022 is National Pizza Day....Do you have a favorite style, a place you would even travel by plane just to have a slice?  I am gluten intolerant and have been for over 20 years....so my quest for pizza (without gluten) has become much easier over the years.

What is my favorite?  Via 313 in Austin, TX... hands down is my splurge of choice...

What is it that makes pizza so special?  Well, my theory is...it is usually enjoyed with friends and family.  

What else makes pizza awesome?  You can:

      • carry it in one hand.
      • make it at home
      • have it thin, thick or even with a vegetable based crust
      • cut it in squares, triangles or make them personal sized
      • have half for one style, and the other with other toppings



Speaking scientifically, pizza is popular because:
  • humans enjoy the rich, savory and sweet combination = UMAMI
  • texture of the crust and toppings
  • serotonin from the carbs in the crust
Neither of these lists are comprehensive, pizza is popular and often a party!
You can even make it at home...baking healthier versions if you like!

What is your favorite kind to make?
Where is your favorite place to go enjoy a slice (or two!)?

I'm always up to trying new slices-
enJOY!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protein bites- first attempt....

Another plant for inflammation...

Watermelon JUICE!